ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: Emerald Youth Foundation is a Christian, urban youth and community ministry in Knoxville, TN serving over 2,000 young people annually. Emerald Youth’s ministry is implemented through a network of more than 18 churches and faith-based organizations to raise up a large number of urban youth who love Jesus Christ and become effective leaders who help renew their communities.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: JustLead is a youth leadership program of EY implemented through a coalition of neighborhood churches and faith-based organizations serving urban youth. The afterschool component for elementary, middle, and high school students includes Bible study, tutoring, homework help, health/fitness/nutrition instruction, field trips, service learning opportunities, and job and college readiness activities.
POSITION TITLE: Urban Youth Worker
REPORTS TO: JustLead Children & Youth Director
OVERVIEW OF DUTIES:
• This person will be focused on Faith, Learning and Health
• The primary role will emphasize afterschool and summer program operation for Learning and Health through structured afterschool program and summer day camp activities respectively
• Support the JustLead Children & Youth Director with mid-week discipleship (Wednesday evening) activities including, but not limited to, giving large group messages along with staff and volunteer speakers, leading small groups, and transportation
• Attend weekend camps, special events, and trips
• Manage an AmeriCorps member team of 1 to 4
• Obtain a CDL
• Christian, with high moral standard
• Must be 21
• Prior experience working with urban children and youth
• HS Diploma and at least seeking post-secondary degree
• Excellent Organizational Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Verbal and written communication skills
HOURS: Average 30 hours/week
PAY SCHEDULE: Bi-weekly paycheck
DATES: January 3, 2017 – July 21, 2017
APPLY: If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume with a cover letter stating your reasons for applying for this position to email@example.com, Subject: Urban Youth Worker.
It is the policy of Emerald Youth Foundation to provide employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, sex, age, or national origin.