ORGANIZATION SUMMARY: Emerald Youth Foundation is a Christian, urban youth and community ministry in Knoxville, TN serving over 2,000 young people annually. Emerald Youth’s ministry is implemented through a network of more than 18 churches and faith-based organizations to raise up a large number of urban youth who love Jesus Christ and become effective leaders who help renew their communities.
JOB TITLE: IT Technician
JOB TYPE: Full Time
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers, etc.) and assign accounts for networks and emails.
- Manage Help Desk. Check and respond to computer hardware malfunctions (HDD, mouse, keyboard, etc.) to ensure functionality. Ability to apply standard practices, procedures, processes, and techniques to complete tasks and troubleshoot software, computer, and other device issues with limited supervision.
- Research software as needed, assist in software selection as directed, install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications, and maintain the same.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Manage and ensure security and privacy of networks, computer systems, security software and alert notifications.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging, etc.).
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
- Serve as liaison with external IT support.
- Manage office phone system and cell phone contract. Train and assist users.
- Manage the Human Capital Management (HCM) and training software, including development of HR and training modules as needed.
- Dedicated Christian with clear knowledge of the Gospel and a passion for the mission of Emerald Youth Foundation; connected to a church community; possesses a strong reputation for honesty, integrity, and high moral standards.
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service interaction, communication, and professionalism.
- Prioritizes tasks and works well under pressure. This person must be process oriented, yet personable and operate with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated skill in the areas of organization and communication.
- Willingness to work extended hours.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks, including Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Chrome, and general PC skills.
- Solid knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field, or equivalent experience and education.
- Reliable and immediately accessible transportation for travel to and from job sites. Mileage reimbursement provided.
- Certification in IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
START DATE: January 2017
APPLY: If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity indirectly impacting Knoxville’s urban youth and community, please submit a resume and include a cover letter stating your reasons for wanting to work for Emerald Youth Foundation as well as your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: IT Technician.
It is the policy of Emerald Youth Foundation to provide employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, sex, age, or national origin.